PTA has provided a Student Planner for your child. Daily homework will be written on the board each day and each student is responsible for copying the assignments. Parents are asked to sign the student planner weekly; it will be collected every Monday. Homework will also be posted on our webpage; however, students are responsible for homework that was written on the board. Do not rely solely on our website in case it is down and cannot be updated.
Any unfinished classwork becomes homework. Full credit will only be given for work that is completed and turned in on the day it is due. If a child is absent due to illness or other excused absence, it is due the next day following their return to class. When a child’s assignment is not completed and turned in on time, a Homework Alert (blue slip) will be sent home to notify you of what your child is missing. Please have your child complete his/her work, and sign and return the Homework Alert to school the following day. If Homework Alert or homework is not returned the next day, the student has to serve recess and/or lunch detention to complete the homework.
1. Reading: Every sixth grader should spend 30 minutes reading daily. Students will record their daily reading in their homework planner. This is part of Language Arts, thus, it will affect the student’s grade at report card time.
2. Math: Any unfinished classwork has to be taken home for homework. Other homework will be assigned daily (and yes, even on weekends).
3. Homework webpage: you can check your child’s daily assignment on our Leal class website. Remember, do not rely on our website in case it is down and cannot be updated. You are responsible for what is written on the classroom white board.
1. Students are expected to be present and on time for school everyday.
2. Please try to schedule doctor appointments after school or on Wednesday minimum days.
3. If absent, please call school or send a note upon student’s return.
Leal Report Card: 4 point Rubric
Writing Rubric: 4 point Rubric
Math/Science/Social Studies Grades:
Homework 10 %
GRADING SCALE :
(Math/Science/Social Studies Grades)
93 - 100% A
90 - 92% A-
87 - 89% B+
84 - 86% B
80 - 83% B-
77 - 79% C+
74 - 76% C
70 - 73% C-
67 - 69% D+
64 - 66% D
60 - 63% D-
59% or Below U